We finished the last steps to the irrigation upgrade a few minutes ago. There was a little bit of field work to repair and make a few tweaks but it is working great. The Rainbird representative was onsite to transfer all the information over to the new software and install the new control panel in the maintenance facility. The initial voltage check showed low voltage on the #13 green station number two. The contractor and I went out to the field and replaced a small section of wire from the original installation in 1999. The new splice eliminated any voltage issues. The voltage reading through the entire field was strong with above normal readings. The system has been fully charged since early this afternoon and the fairway irrigation program was started with total success. I will be running fairway irrigation for the next couple of hours then move into covering greens and tees overnight.
We still have the issue of the damaged second pump. This pump is 20 years old and the repair cost outweighs the expense of a new one. I am getting a price quote from Pixler Electric and the irrigation contractor for a new pump. After the new pump is installed the irrigation nightmares should end. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping everything is operating well in the morning when I go back to work. Right now I feel happy, relieved, excited, and my blood pressure has dropped significantly.
Enjoy the evening!